Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trying to catch up

Last weekend we headed up to Maine for some four wheeler races. (Not where our family camp is) The boys were in heaven. This is what they aspire to be and what I probably have to look forward to.They had little kid races too. These kids were probably Joshua's age and a little older. I'm guessing to 10/11.
They also had a climbing wall there. I thought it was cool that the boys both started up different sides and got into the same frame. It is so much harder than it always looks. They did great.
They both made it to the top, but Joshua was not facing me so I only got Jacob up to the top.

This weekend we headed up North. It is our official start to summer. I loved it so much, so peaceful, relaxing, enjoyable. It was also the first weekend the trails were open so we went riding one day. Is it ok that we stopped for ice cream two times...it was a three day weekend after all.

I read my book with this view. Yes, a book...I haven't mentioned it yet, but I have taken up reading. I started shortly before our trip to Florida and finished the first book on vacation. When we got back, I actually bought a book...and finished it this weekend. Sadly, I have been a bad example as a teacher and mom because I was not a reader. I still pick them by their cover...but it is a start.


Joshua got a little practice with Auntie's kayak. He is quite good with the kayak and canoe all by himself. Jacob is getting good with the kayak as well.

The weather was a little chilly, but that didn't stop the boys from getting in the water. They were wading near the shore and playing around in the boats. Next thing I knew, they both jumped out of their respective boat and into the water. It was only like 65 out. Crazy...but I know when I was younger Memorial Day was always the beginning of our summer. It was hard for my Dad to keep us out of the water. Someone always "fell" in. I figure it's not going to kill them.


We saw these guys on the way up. It was just after dusk so the camera couldn't really focus. Joshua held the spot light to help a little. There were actually 4 of them. It was cool because it has been a while since we've some.


This totally cracked me up. You can tell from their clothing what the weather was like. The sun was warm, but when it hid behind the clouds it was a bit chilly. Anyway, I have never seen this up here. Apparently these people store their pier somewhere down a ways from their water access (they live across the street). They were bringing it back and on the first trip they all were rowing like Tom Sawyer and friends. For the second section, they must have paid the kid some good money to get in the water and push it along...It literally cracks me up.

No comments: