So the second day in Florida we went to Blizzard Beach. It is a water park with an iceburg theme. Again, I tried to plan ahead and thought I did a good job. Brought our beach towels and flip flops so our feet wouldn't burn up on the pavement. It turns out they were both a waste of effort. You rarely get off the slides etc where you get on so to leave towels and shoes at the start is a waste. We had to centralize our towels on the beach chairs. So sorry to all those tourists who had to view my 'curves' as I walked around in my bathing suit. And as for the flip flops...they had sprinklers misting the concrete everywhere.
My sister in law asked me to take pictures because she wants to get there one day. Unfortuneately I did not read that until after we got back. It was really hard to take pictures at the waterpark for the simple reason that it was a water park. I couldn't take it on the rides and I wouldn't leave it on the 'centralized' beach chair we chose for our towels. We were so busy on the attractions that there wasn't just time to walk around and take pictures. Soooooo...I cheated. Some of these pictures I got off Google.
So the first thing to let you all in on is that as they saying goes...the bigger they are, they harder they fall...or in the water park...the bigger you are, the faster you go. It scared the poop out of me. Not literaly thank god...but it was not enjoyable for me. Especially because you have to go on your stomach head first on some of them.
Joshua was a daredevil again. He, Jeffrey and JIm went on one of the speed slides. Not the super tall one but still, you weren't catching me on it!

They had some cute water slides and a play area for the little guys. I say little guys, but the water at the end of them was 6ft and 8ft. Luckily we found out they had free lifevests since Jacob hasn't learned to swim very well at all yet.



Joshua on the zipline. Jacob did it too.

I liked this slide because we all got to race each other. Again, scarey as heck, but worth it.






1 comment:
I am SO jealous!!
Post a Comment