Saturday, January 10, 2009

When will I ever learn?

If it sounds too good to be true, there is something wrong. Forever fighting the battle of the bulge, I am always intrigued by anything that offers to help with little effort required. I have been seeing ads everywhere for those berry pills and cleansing pills offering a free trial. As is the story of my life, I act fast and check out the details later. I figured for $10 bucks I'd order them and then research them later. Well today was the later and I started researching. I found all kinds of comments about the scam where you get the free trial but then they charge you $80 bucks on day 15 and every month thereafter. I went back to the order confirmation and read the 'terms and conditions' (which I never read as they are usually 3 pages long, single spaced, fine print) and sure as shit, $80 on day 15 if you do not call to cancel. If there is one thing I hate (besides being screwed) is having to call to cancel by a certain date. Lesson hopefully learned, add me to the sucker column.On a lighter note, Chris and I went to see Bride Wars last night. Jim and the boys went to see the motocross and I weaseled out to stay home. Chris had worked in the day so we figured we would do something. Being the old fart that I apparently am, I would have loved to stay home in the freezing weather or gone to Bingo (another old person activity). Chris suggested the movie, which I usually don't like to spend money on because I always fall asleep. I saw the commercials though and knew it would be something I would like and so we went. It was a good movie. A recommendation to all those who love chick flicks.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, I see I commented on the wrong post before...oops!! :)