Saturday, May 7, 2011

What the Heck is Going On?

Most people are into Spring cleaning. The whole task for me is overwhelming, impossible and unappealing. But last weekend I at least took the plunge with the fridge. I totally emptied the whole thing. I haven't seen it empty since it was new. Jacob helped to make this decision real easy...nope, I didn't need those last few capers in the jar. They just have to have their hands in everything.




This is the boys' new obsession. Lego guys, not legos, just the guys. These little suckers are $3. bucks each, unless you buy them at the mall for $4! The worse part is that they come in a package that does not indicate which one is inside. No markings on the package at all. Believe me, I have looked. I look and feel like a fool standing in Walmart feeling the contents and looking at the box to see which one it could be. They do not come assembled so that makes it even more of a challenge. As you can see from the picture we're not too good at it, otherwise we wouldn't have a female figure skater or a girl in a kimono :) They usually come with some sort of tool that you can feel (hockey stick, guitar).

This eyesore is in the backyard. It is the only thing keeping the septic water from backing into the house. Yes, the septic system has failed. Once it does you can't fix it, only replace it. We knew when we bought the house 9+ years ago that it would need to eventually be done. Eventually is here. Let's just say my grandmother replaced the septic at the camp a couple years ago for $7000. and that was a camp, and no leaching field. We've had three strikes of bad, costly luck recently so I hope this is it.

Last week Joshua participated in the 4th grade science fair. I was so proud of him. He was confident, engaging and prepared. He didn't like the process of the project as it was new to him, therefore uncomfortable. I loved it. He tested which dish detergent would make the most bubbles. He picked the least expensive and confirmed his hypothesis. I continue to be reminded of how far he has come since Kindergarten. So, that's what's been going on :)

No comments: