Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!

Today is Jacob Paul's day. 7 years ago I signed up for my second c-section immediately after peeing on the stick! I had such a good experience the first time even though I swore the whole time I was in lamaze class that I wasn't going to be the 10% who has to have a c-section. I got to pick Jacob's b-day...kinda, within a few days. I picked the 3rd because I thought it would be cool to have Joshua's b-day on 8/3 and then Jacob's on 9/3. Ironically our anniversary is on 12/3 so it was fitting.






I think he was a few days early because he was totally coated in that white crap. I remember when the nurses saw him they said, "If he isn't 10 lbs (like Joshua was) then we don't know what he is". They were sure he was a big boy. {When most of you read the rest of the story you will still think he was a big boy, but for me...I was in heaven that he was technically in the average range.} So anyway, when they weighed him in the nursery and called into the OR he was 8lbs 10oz...I was so excited to hear he was in the 8's. He was so tiny compared to Joshua. I remember his cute little chicken legs.


Some fun facts about Jacob.



  1. He did use a binkie, unlike his brother.


  2. He was a taggie baby. He loved to hold the silky tag on his blanket.


  3. He walked days before he turned 9 months.


  4. He has been riding a bike without training wheels since he was three.


  5. He loves babies.


  6. He is THE candyman!


  7. He holds a major grudge.


  8. He has a great sense of direction and proves me wrong all the time.


  9. He was pretty much born with excema. Though it doesn't seem too bad this year.


  10. He is stingy with his hugs and cuddles.


  11. He can make a different sound for each of his dirt bike and four wheeler toys that are spot on.

  12. He has no fear. There is no such thing as too high or too fast for him. He is sure to give his auntie a heart attack.

  13. Most people say he looks like his Daddy, but I can also see me in him. (Click on the links to make your vote. You'll need to cover up the hair and dress on my pix)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I sure love that candy man!!! I think he is a perfect combo of both of you! :)