For me, the whole Easter Egg decorating thing is losing its charm. Perhaps that is why we wait until the last possible moment to do them. Though Jeanne even beat me on the tardy party this year. She decorated them Easter night :) As you can see from Jacob's face, they still enjoy it, which is why I persevere.

I'm just disappointed in the dye. It's not as vivid as I would like. I use the vinegar with the tabs, but let's face it, the boys don't have the attention span it would take to keep them in the cups long enough to get a vivid color. The stickers never stay on, and it's tough to see the white crayon on the white egg.
The wraps help jazz them up a little bit, but I find it difficult to get the water hot enough and be safe around the kids, and it takes the darn die off. We had to redye them after.
The wraps help jazz them up a little bit, but I find it difficult to get the water hot enough and be safe around the kids, and it takes the darn die off. We had to redye them after.
This year I bought a marble package...what a bust!!!
But I have a new idea. I saw this idea on a blog I follow. The boys LOVE to draw and would have much more fun decorating the eggs with colored sharpees. I'm all over this idea for next year.
We definetly always end up with a truck on one so next year I can only image the fleet of vehicles we will have with markers they can see.






1 comment:
We didn't even attempt eggs this year...lol. But I do love Letti's idea and I'm gonna remember it...well try to at least. :)
Post a Comment