

Tonight I made invitations for the boy's Halloween parties. Yes, parties. Now I have to go through with it. We have never had a Halloween party. Neither boys had birthday parties this year so I figured I would bite the bullet. Especially since we didn't get to do too much last year working on Dad's house. During open house I read Joshua's journal. He wrote about how Grandpa died and we had to fix his house and how it took a lot of playtime. Jacob has never had a friend birthday party and is so excited about school and friends so I want him to have his own party. I can't say I'm totally psyched about it, especially when Joshua says, "Mom, I want to invite so and so but he gets strong and wild". I will be enlisting Auntie Chris and friend Karin's help :) Girls, mark your calendars.
We haven't picked Halloween costumes yet. I really have enjoyed making Jacob's costumes the past couple of years but now of course he has an opinion. Man, how dare kids develop taste and opinions. I really wanted him to be a scarecrow last year and was hoping for it again this year. At first he said yes, but now he has Evil Kineval on the brain. He and Kellie did some research on the computer today and watched videos of his jumps and 'falls on to the hard pavement'. He thinks he should be him because he does big jumps on his bike and scooter. I told him it wasn't safe to ride his scooter on Halloween, especially being a crazy driver and all. He doesn't want to be him without the scooter so we will see.





3 comments:
no worries Michelle,ill be there in my costume too!
xo
K
That is quite a feat you have taken on Back-to-Back nights with so many "little goblins"...
Robin
You are a brave woman!!! Good luck...can't wait to see pics and what costumes they choose. :)
Post a Comment